A bit about the Himsels

In July 2011, we were drawn to a posting by our adoption agency of a little girl that was soon to "age out" of the orphanage in China, and they were hoping to find her family before her birthday in February, when she would no longer be eligible for adoption. After reviewing the information, giving it alot of thought and prayers, we knew she was to be our daughter. So we started the paperwork chase to bring her home. But God had a bigger plan in mind for the Himsels. Along the way, we decided to pursue adopting a little boy, and that journey actually led us to two little boys, who are 18 months and 14 months old. All three children are located in the Guizhou province. We are excited to be so close to bringing home Ella (Jinglan), William, and Ethan, and we hope you follow along with our journey.



Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another horse lover in the making

Andrew had another horseback riding lesson this week and I took the whole zoo crew along. After a few laps inside the arena, his instructor took Andrew outside to walk the trails and get some outside instruction. So Ella, the boys and I decided to check out the horses in the pens outside. There is this cute little fellow named Charlie B that is just so gentle. Ella and I both had been petting him and he was certainly begging for more. I thought we had the boys a good distance from the fence when I heard Ethan making this clicking noise and waiving to Charlie B. Well Charlie B was more than happy to oblige Ethan. He bent his head down, stuck it thru the fence rail and stretched all the way over so Ethan could give him a good rubbing on his nose. Not a bit of fear from the little guy.

Luckily I had my phone out where I could snap a few quick photos before I felt I needed to move Ethan further away. Any longer and I'm pretty sure Ethan was going to try to check out what Charlie B had been snacking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment